Enriching The Future By Sharing The Past
Matamoras Area Historical Society Museum and Annex
The Matamoras Area Historical Society Museum was built, circa 1895, as the home and business of a funeral director. The building has also been a bank, the US Post Office, a hardware store, a public library, and, since 1988, the museum. The annex is the former Little residence.
The museum houses a River Room, a Victorian Room, a School Room along with the main display area. A Research Room contains census records, family histories and records for research.
The annex houses a Military Room, a Tool Room and various displays.
The museum and annex are open by appointment.
The museum and annex are located at the corner of Main Street and Second Street in downtown Matamoras.